Tuesday, September 1, 2020

UNDER THE EGG By Laura Marx Fitzgerald Reviewed by Sophie Buckley


Under the Egg is about a girl named Theo Tenpenny who discovers what looks like a masterpiece hidden underneath her dead grandfather’s egg painting. She decides to find out about the mysterious painting’s history and how it got into her house. Because if it really is a masterpiece, it could solve her and her math-obsessed-too-lost-in-her-thoughts-to-help-out mother’s money problems. Of course, she’ll need all the help she can get--she teams up with her new friend Bodhi and together they try to discover the origin of the painting and if her grandfather really was the security guard he claims he was.

I liked this book because it was mysterious and I never got bored of it. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars and if you liked this book you are sure to like Framed by Frank Cottrell Boyce. 

I think this book shows a good example of courage because Theo’s pretty 

brave to do all the things she did in the book. I know if I was just left with my house and $463, I might just give up. But even though she faces a few obstacles and sometimes it seems like everything’s going wrong, she still keeps trying to solve the mystery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment