Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Return of the King Reviewed by Avery So



This book report is on Return of the King, by J.R.R. Tolkien. 

The third book of the Lord of the Rings, this book is a well-written conclusion to the series. In this book, Frodo and Samwise continue their journey deeper into Mordor, facing betrayals, dangers, and the sinister power of the One Ring. The rest of the Fellowship, led by Aragorn, battle alongside the forces of Gondor and Rohan to destroy the foul armies of Mordor once and for all. 

 

This book had a satisfactory ending, and all the loose ends were wrapped up nicely. I enjoyed how there was a lot of character development, especially with Aragorn. The battle scenes were well thought-out and I couldn’t stop reading! The only issue I had with this book was how I felt Frodo is given WAY too much credit for destroying the Ring (though I do acknowledge the power the Ring had over him) and Samwise’s accomplishments should have been shown more, but that’s just my opinion. Overall I would give this book four and a half out of five stars, and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the genre of fantasy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment