Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Title: I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai Reviewed by Karen Pan

 


This book tells the story of Malala, who almost lost her life when she was shot by the Taliban for speaking out about the girl's/women's rights. Where she lives, girls are not allowed to go to school, women have to have a male relative with them whenever they go into public. However, these rules did not apply to Malala. She thought that girls had the right to go to school and learn, not to just stay at home and work and clean. I think the main character (Malala) shows the pillar courage because she is extremely brave to talk back against the Taliban, who are powerful people. I rate this book five stars, because I felt enchanted, reading Malala's story, and it kept me turning the book's pages until the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment