Friday, April 24, 2020

Marley & Me by John Grogan: Reviewed by Deristhi Govender

Summary: When newlyweds, John and Jenny Grogan, adopted a Labrador Retriever puppy named Marley, they had no idea what they were in for. As Marley grew, so too did his knack of getting into trouble. Marley chewed up furniture, hurled drool, swallowed a necklace and even got kicked out of obedience school. Despite being troublesome, Marley was also incredibly loyal, affectionate and lovable. With perseverance, training and a host of heartwarming moments in between, Marley became a treasured addition to the Grogan family. At the end of it all, the book highlighted that dogs are man’s best friend and, that’s a true story, indeed.

My favourite character was: John Grogan, without a doubt! John was Marley’s dad and trainer. He was incredibly kind and I loved how he sincerely believed in Marley’s ability.

My least favourite character was: My least favourite characters were the snobbish French poodles of Boca Raton.

I rated this book 4 1/2 stars because: As a puppy-parent, I could relate to so many scenes in the book. The story made me laugh out loud and cry at times. I highly recommend it to all dog-lovers, grades five and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment